Contact John Myers 2143253355 email@example.com
- Latin American Sales Manager - Soldering Equipment
- This client is a Leader in pcba equipment and tools is seeking a Latin America Sales Manager.
This person will manage reps and distributors, giving them training and support on company products.
MUST BE FULLY BILINGUAL - Spanish native speaker. Fluent English. Portugese would be helpful.
The goal will be to grow the Latin market where they are currently in 3rd place. Primary focus will be Mexico.
85% Travel will be required to support the regions.
Must live by international airport, Guadalajara #1, maybe Houston or Dallas.
Would like someone who can grow in the position and enjoys travel.
Bachelor degree in engineering or technical field.
3+years field sales experience related to printed circuit assembly.
1. Responsible for growth and expansion of sales in the region and component territories. Formulates long and short-term sales strategies and goals for the region and each territory in conjunction with Sales and Marketing Team and is responsible for execution of such initiatives and monitoring of effectiveness.
2. Responsible for the identification of key and target account opportunities within Region. Develops a list of key accounts in each territory and reviews status with each Rep/Distributor. Analyzes the position of competition, successes or problems of products in each account. Formulates sales strategies to be used to support, maintain or develop key accounts and tracks successes in accomplishing specific sales goals.
3. Responsible for evaluation, recommendation and selection of new Reps and Distributors within the region. Oversees the process of implementing and announcing of new Reps and Distributors throughout appropriate departments. Ensures all Representative and Distributor sales persons are properly trained in the use and maintenance of products. Coordinates the termination process for a Rep/Distributor.
4. Responsible for management and review of Rep and Distributor effectiveness using metrics including stocking levels, bookings and shipment trends for all sales outlets in Region. Formulates and recommends financial targets and goals for Rep/Distributor.
5. Must be able to become the “Technical Expert” in product line and specifically in capital products. Hands on skills are critical as the need to successfully perform applications on-site and occasional basic to mid-level service/repair on product will be required from time to time.
6. Performs sales presentations, workshops or seminars for important customers as well as Reps and Distributors. Provides training and technical support to Reps, Distributors and customers, resolving end-user problems either through providing technical solutions or by on-site visits to specific customers. Provides regional trade-show support. Motivates Distributors and Reps via relationship building, problem solving, development & implementation of creative promotional programs, training, technical support, etc. Provides support and obtains authorization for special pricing situations, price exceptions, and distributor stock returns. Authorizes special loaner equipment, unusual tips, spares and samples to Reps/Distributors.
7. Acts as a liaison/communications link between Rep/Distributor and corporate office and strives to understand and follow corporate procedures so that they run smoothly.
8. Helps coordinate promotional/co-op activities within a region by making recommendations to and working with the Sales and Marketing Team. Furnishes an in-depth knowledge of competitors, end-user base and markets in region, providing significant intelligence to Marketing, Sales and other departments.
9. Ensures distributors are in payment compliance at all times. Will work with corporate accounting and customer Service to resolves credit/payment issues in a timely manner.
10. Provides concise and factual status reports, phone messages, e-mail, etc. on own activities as well as those in the region, including competitive activities, Rep/Distributor issues, key account information, Customer Service issues, successes, etc.